Thread: Discard UFOs?
View Single Post
Old 03-23-2016, 09:02 AM
annesthreads

[QUOTE=RedGarnet222;7502486]I find that when I go back to finish a ufo it usually is the last thing done to it was somehow wrong. When I back off that last thing, I like it again and change it to what benefits the overall look of the quilt. I also get many donations for charity to finish up and it is because they get frustrated at some point and give up on it. It turns out to be a lovely quilt when it is finished.
QUOTE]
Thanks RedGarnet. Some of these were abandoned because of my bad habit of moving on to the next exciting thing before I'd finished the previous one. Others I was finding boring to make, or I just lost interest in quilting for a while or was too busy to quilt, and when I came back to it wanted to move on. Or I was running out of one of the fabrics. But some of them are also associated with a difficult time in my life, and I think that's part of why they've been left. Now that I've learned to see a project through (at least I hope I have!) AND my tastes in quilts have changed quite a bit, I think it would feel a bit of a punishment to make myself go back and finish all these first. I will be going through them carefully, and will keep any that I still feel enthusiasm for, but as you say, the others can do some good if they're donated for someone else to finish and give to a good cause.