View Single Post
Old 03-23-2016, 05:50 PM
Janice McC

And here are two more UFO finishes for Anoka Quilter. Toot, Toot! Congratulations on your finishes and for keeping this train moving along! The red/green is quite pretty.

Originally Posted by Anoka Quilter View Post
I have two finished UFO's so far this month.

Back in April of 2008 a few of us formed a sewing circle and had a crazy idea of making a banner for our little group. Because we always met at my house, and my front yard had 3 large Silver Oak trees, we decided to name our little group the Circle of the Silver Oak. One of the members was an artist and drew up the design. We used the crayon method to color the tree and that was all that was completed. In looking for some fabric for another project I found the banner folded between some other fabrics. This is the fabric that was used for the borders and that must have been our thought process at the time because of how all the fabric was together with focal piece. I added the borders, did some simple stitch in the ditch quilting, added my hanger, and got the binding all done. One member of the original group still sews on a weekly basis with me. I cannot wait till next week when we get together and she sees the banner.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]545809[/ATTACH]

In September of 2007 one of the local pattern designers, Diane Caruso, held a pattern testing workshop for her new design, Shoo Fly Pie, at one of the LQS. I had everything done except the final dark green border, the quilting, and binding. In 2016 when the holidays roll around this quilt will be ready.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]545810[/ATTACH]