Old 01-24-2010, 04:25 PM
blahel

Location: other side of the black stump, Perth Western Australia

Originally Posted by woody
Originally Posted by blahel
Here in Australia it is about $20 Aussie dollars a metre..can be more or less. I think that is expensive and wait for sales where we can get it up from $3 - $10 a metre ($10 being the norm) but they arent the nice fabrics that you would drool over but they do for baby quilts etc. I do sometimes spend the $20 on a metre but only for very special quilts.
I'm over in the East Coast Australia and I can't even get icky fabrics for $3 - $10 a metre, my LQS had there Christmas sale on and we got a whole 20% off fabric that averaged $25 per metre.
It is a bit of a pain trying to match colors on a computer moniter but if I had to purchase all my fabric here I couldn't afford to quilt.
I would love to go shopping and actually come home with a heap of fabrics, nothing like being able to see and feel them, but at these prices I can't afford to, so I will stick to drooling over the computer moniter :lol:
the fabrics I buy are mostly from Spotlight and that is where they have the sales as quilting shops are few and far between over here. When the craft show comes to town that is when I buy some really nice fabrics. i havent as yet bought online but have seen some lovely fabrics on the net so will eventually succumb to the temptation!