View Single Post
Old 03-26-2016, 06:12 AM
Bluebonnets

Originally Posted by Gerbie View Post
Your quilt is beautiful and I know the lucky couple will just love it- applause to you for hand quilting this beauty.
A strange coincidence I am currently in the process of making the same quilt pattern but using purples in mine- I made two blocks last summer and put it all aside to complete my Christmas quilts, decided to get back to this one. I'm in sort of a quandry now though, because our challenge in my quilt group for the year is to make our challenge quilt monochromatic. Purple is my favorite color, so I will be doing mine in purple and I want to have enough purples to do both. I have loads of purple fabric but I don't want to skimp on either quilt. My quilts are all machine pieced and machine quilted. I would never attempt to hand quilt a quilt no matter what the size- that would make me quit quilting forever. I always dread to even have to hand sew the bindings, but I always do because I think they look so much better.
Oh, that's going to be gorgeous! I sure hope you post a picture of it because I want to see it!

The Quatrefoil quilt was, I believe MSQC's most popular quilt, tutorial for 2015. They had a vote the other day. I know it's a winner as far as I'm concerned. They had a new tutorial a week or so ago that I also have to do, called Tangled Geese.