View Single Post
Old 03-26-2016, 07:34 PM
Rhonda
Power Poster

Ok no problem!! I love using scraps and love to see new ideas on how to use them. I like to have resources to draw from when I want a particular color. so I collect alot of scraps and have lots from when I was selling my stuff years ago. I don't feel the need to use up every scrap. if I want a burgandy fabric for a scrap project then I can go scrounge through my scraps for just the perfect one LOL

I am more into controlled scrappy I suppose you could say. I like to have an equal number burgandy and an equal number of navy or blue etc.

When you look at a quilt block I see 3 or 4 colors in that quilt block. For the blue I use all blue scraps each one diff for all of the blue in that quilt block. then the red or yellow I use all diff fabric scraps in that color. I don't like to repeat a fabric but you can.

To show you here are a few I have made in the past. I don't do big quilts but you can get the idea.
If I don't have 8 different burgandies then I will use 2 of the same in one are. as in one side of the Ohio star I might use both the same but across from that side then those 2 would be a diff fabric but those 2 would be from the same fab scraps. Tho I prefer to not repeat any particular fabric if I can help it. I think it gives it more appeal

[ATTACH=CONFIG]546149[/ATTACH]

Here the 4 pinwheels are diff colors yet each pinwheel is the same 2 fabrics per pinwheel.
This is a controlled scrappy. This is a coin purse I made not long ago

[ATTACH=CONFIG]546150[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails img_20141004_0001.jpg   kit.jpg