View Single Post
Old 01-24-2010, 07:15 PM
Jim's Gem

I have to share about this Iron I bought.
I got the Digital Velocity Iron that I mentioned. It was expensive. The Jury is still out.
I have to say it is a very heavy iron. In the past, one of the things that I really like about an iron was the weight. I would usually look for a heaver one. However I recently had shoulder surgery and this one is tough for me to use right now. I know things will get better in time, but this is the heaviest iron I have ever used!!!
I have figured out really quick how to disable the Auto off. Each time you start the iron it will reset to the Auto off but you can disable it. It does not have an on/off switch. I wish it did. I currently have it plugged into a surge protector so I can just hit the switch, but the Bose Ipod Dock is plugged into same protector, it has a rechargeable battery, so sometime I unplug, sometimes I hit the switch.
I think I need to read the instructions to make it steam all the time when I want that. As is is I have to hit the "steam" button to get it steaming. It does not leak and it does not spit and I can get it to steam at low temps too.