Thread: April POM Swap
View Single Post
Old 03-28-2016, 06:44 AM
MizMelly

I must say that I'm obsessed with aprons!! I have a number of patterns, and if that wasn't enough, I was looking for a different style and finally found two that fit the bill on Etsy, and of course, purchased them! I have about 5 apron patterns by Mary Mulari, her's are darned cute and reversible too boot!! I also have some designed by independent artists, and a number of commercial patterns. I think I've exhausted the friends and family apron gift giving tho. And I have about 12 sets that are already cut and ready to sew of one of the Mary Mulari patterns!! One thing I do is when I'm out fabric shopping, is to keep my eye out for novelty fabrics that work together, such as tea and coffee, food, bugs, knitting, oriental, Route 66, seashore, etc. So by buying 2 yards of complimentary fabrics, I can make reversible aprons that will hold up to splatters and spills without soaking through a single layer, and they make a cute statement to boot! I tend to put an apron in every package of the "Secret Santa" gift exchange too.

Last edited by MizMelly; 03-28-2016 at 06:48 AM.