Thread: April POM Swap
View Single Post
Old 03-28-2016, 08:09 AM
MizMelly

A half apron that ties around the waist and has one or more pockets are the easiest, simplest garment to make, which is the guidelines for this swap.

Although I would like to make one of those more elaborate aprons that I was listing examples of, for this swap, I will make whatever my partner requests. (half aprons can be cute and flirty without being challenging to make). Do people prefer something more utilitarian? Like an apron for a quilter? I suppose that could work, but wouldn't the tools fall out when you sit down at the sewing machine? How about a half apron with pockets for clothes pins? Yes, I could use one of those!! (I hang my clothes since I don't have a dryer). Chef aprons are half aprons that wrap and tie around the waist also.
Is someone a budding artist and needs a certain type for their crafting? I certainly do. For as many aprons as I make (most are fancy), they aren't what I'd want to use when I'm doing my soaping. Funny, I haven't made one for myself yet, and I SHOULD! Or when I'm dyeing fibers. That is another area where I could use something but don't. I just stain my clothes!!
Right now I have a mission to find a certain type of apron (cover up) based on a pinafore style from the 1800's for my sister who wants to market them to a certain group of ladies that she socializes with. It's harder to find the right style than I thought it would be. Aprons are currently the latest fad in a lot of circles, just doing a search on Pinterest or Etsy can give lots and lots of examples of many different styles. Mind boggling how far styles have come from the basic ones from the 70's and 80's.
Lots of examples are out there, many are very easy and simple, so don't be shy, join the fun and get another project/gift finished for future gifting or swapping!