Old 03-28-2016, 12:26 PM
margecam52

Yep...I have a TL18LS (2009) with a Qbot V3 added. I love my Lizzie! I will look through designs for hours...all day sometimes...looking for just the right one...then end up freehand quilting the quilt in question. I quilt some for the public...and always want to do special designs if I can.

I love the TL18 companies machines...they are really great machines.

Originally Posted by BluegrassGurl View Post
Well... I finally took the plunge and bought a LA (TinLizzie Apprentice). I am absolutely loving the machine. I have had to learn to use it with no training.... so lots of trial and error. I initially loaded a "play" quilt sandwich consisting of a dark sheet cut in half with batting. I played on the whole sandwich..... getting to know my new toy.

FYI.... I have about 10 quilt tops done that have been waiting on me to finish. I tried quilting on my domestic machines and even bought one with an 11 inch throat... it just is not for me. I truly admire folks who do quilt on their domestic machines.

The first "real" quilt top I loaded was one that I have had completed for about 3 years. The name of it is "Summer at Mom's". It is for my Mom. I attempted to finish it for her 80th birthday (March 10); however, my over ambitious nature decided to custom quilt the entire thing (queen size). Oh my.... Oh my. I am loving how it is looking thus far..... But....it is taking me forever!!!!!!! I will post pics when I get it done.

I know one thing, my next quilt will be E2E quilting. lol

Just wondering, are there others like me who are over zealous with creativity??