Old 03-29-2016, 06:08 AM
romanojg

Gay, this isn't 100% true. Some designs can be changed. I have two softwares, 5D Pro and the Floriani Total control, You can pull designs in, modify them and save them to different formats. When getting software it really depends on what you want as to what you should get. If you only want to organize them then Floriani Image Maker will work, If you also want to be able to print out your designs do small amounts of editing the My Design Album which includes Image Maker will work. 5D has an organizer and you can also do a small amount of editing with it. I just switched to Floriani because there are so many tutorials out there to learn to use their software and they never charge for an upgrade. It would cost me a small fortune to upgrade my 5D Pro to the current level. I couldn't get the training that was offered to me at the time of purchase either. That was a big factor in changing. I also love that with the floriani I don't have to use the dongle. I still use 5D for some things because they have things that floriani doesn't have yet but I found out they are working on it. Like a better thread chart and using cutwork needles.

There is also a program I think its called Wilson that is free and does a few things, including converting file formats.