View Single Post
Old 03-29-2016, 09:35 AM
tlpa

I have had a Viking 905 for probably about 10 years, which I love. I bought it used locally for $200. The original owner used it heavily to make sports outfits for her family, which was why I received such a good price for it at the time. I have never had a problem with it and used it to help make baptism gowns for my church along the way. Otherwise it has seen light use with me, but I always bring it out when I need to make pillow coverings or curtains and still love to use it. It is fast and has a nice stitch. I've had the more complicated 910 and 936 thinking I may want to upgrade, but sold those off in favor of the 905. You do have to make sure you thread it in the correct order on this machine, which has never been a problem for me with the threading picture inside the machine. I had 2 older model (not Viking) sergers before this one, and they were a nightmare to thread and always jammed up. I think threading has come a long way since then, but you may want to stop at a dealer to try out different sergers to get a feel for them.