View Single Post
Old 01-24-2010, 08:58 PM
djclare

Thank you everyone for your advice. What I really didn't want to do was repair it and then discover there was a better way to have done it. I want the front to look the same, so it doesn't make me want to weep with regret every time I see it, but yes, the back can tell the history!

JJs, you mention getting the seam ripper out and removing the squares/triangles, but I'm not confident about how to slot them back in afterwards... any further advice?

Also, if I patch on top, do you think I can just leave the rough edges underneath?

Oh and just one thing about the dog debate! I have only had a dog for 18 months (husband wanted her!) and I would have totally agreed about "what people put up with" comment, but its amazing how having pets, like having children changes your mind!

In this case, she is not a wild destructive dog. She's nearly two and it's been a long time since she chewed something she shouldn't, which is why I was abit too complacent!

Her name is Macy and this is her, being a quilter's companion, dozing on that very same quilt, while I did the binding...

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_iDRYn85l0d...h/IMG_6299.JPG

I will post again when the repair is done, so you can all inspect it!