Old 01-24-2010, 09:19 PM
JanetM

Originally Posted by butterflywing
i just went back and re-read this topic. i thought i might have missed something, but if the gift is really for him, then it shouldn't be a quilt. he just won't appreciate your time and effort.
I agree. I understand that not everyone sees the value in the quilts that we make, and I know that certain members of my family would not appreciate one and for that reason they are not on my list of future projects.

I guess I would have appreciated if he had found a different way of saying what he thought. Something like, "I really don't care for quilts. I prefer blankets or chenille throws" I won't be making him a lap quilt for fear he would say "I thought I told you I didn't want one" and it would really bother me if I made one and he never used it.

My Dad is very set in his ways. He never remarried, so he has been divorced from my mom since I was 3 years old. Maybe I'm just being too sensitive, just wanting to please him as I have been trying to do all my life.

Enough about this. Thank you everyone for allowing me to vent. Now lets talk about something fun.