View Single Post
Old 03-31-2016, 06:39 AM
EmiliasNana

Default Bear Country quilt revisited

Several of you asked to post pictures of the Bear Country quilt after it was quilted. It was originally posted here: http://www.quiltingboard.com/picture...t-t276935.html

I still have to hand sew the bottom of the hanging sleeve, roll it with a lint roller LOL and it will be shipped off to SC. Hope he likes it.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]546575[/ATTACH]
Tried the flange binding for the first time and like how it framed the quilt.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]546576[/ATTACH]
Did a suggestion of a mountain scene in the top border.
Did a SITD on all the piecing, and outlined all the applique. Then a meander in the open spots, with a subtle paw print in a slightly darker thread in the large squares (two front feet on the top and two back feet on the bottom..........yes, left and right, ha, ha) Nothing too fancy, but still took me forever, as I'm really slow.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]546577[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]546578[/ATTACH]
Left the triangles puffy, and did more suggestions of trees in the borders, though the fabric print makes it hard to see, so probably could have done a cross hatching and saved some time. Live and learn.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]546579[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]546580[/ATTACH]
The backing is a forest green/cream flannel gingham type check.
Took me four tries on the label. Tried Eleanor Burns method of birthing the bear but he ended up looking like a thin cow after I simplified the peaks and valleys of the fur. Tried again and misspelled the label.................ugh. Finally decided to just go ahead and applique like the quilt top. Should have done that to begin with!!! I'm ready for a vacation and a break from quilting for awhile, or at least no applique. I do have several applique quilts to quilt though, so we shall see.
Attached Thumbnails dscf4955.jpg   dscf4968.jpg   dscf4969.jpg   dscf4971.jpg   dscf4974.jpg  

dscf4975.jpg