View Single Post
Old 03-31-2016, 08:51 AM
nvrxgal

I have the original Shape Cut, the Shape Cut Plus, and the Stripology rulers (I'm a gadget junkie!). The original Shape Cut is smaller, and only has slots up to 12 inches. The Shape Cut Plus is larger, and has slots up to 18 inches. The Stripology is a tad larger than the Shape Cut Plus - slightly longer (slots up to 20 inches) but the slot length is shorter (~10.5 inches vs. 12 inches for the Shape Cuts). The Stripology does have the symbols across the bottom to mark the 1.5 and 2.5 inch cuts, which the Shape Cuts don't have, and there are vertical markings across the slots if you are cutting strips of a specific length, also absent on the Shape Cuts. However, it is easy to modify the Shape Cuts with grippers and I modified mine with nail polish dots under the 2.5 inch increment slots, which is cheap and easy. I use the Shape Cut when I'm not cutting a larger amount strips because it is smaller, and most often the Shape Cut Plus when I'm cutting a larger number of strips because I can make more cuts without moving the ruler. I rarely use the Stripology - I find the surface too busy with all the markings.