View Single Post
Old 04-01-2016, 06:55 AM
AZ Jane

Default Thinking, planning???

My crazy family thinks we need a "family" quilt. Perhaps even a "traveling " quilt. We have thought thru several designs, the Hand Print quilt

The Signed Envelope Quilt

And my personal favorite (so far) the Bookcase quilt

I personally like this one because of the pictures. We are fortunate enough to have picture going back to my Great-Grand Parents. My thought was, have everyone bring their favorite picture of themselves (does anyone have that??) to the next family reunion and make a quilt from them based on the book case?? My question, who to make the printed fabric, I know you can put put fabric thru the printer but who has actually done it? I tried the type you can purchase, don't remember the brand, to make labels but was not happy with the feel of the fabric. If I hated it for a label, I can't imagine a whole quilt. Any advise and personal experience with transferring pictures onto fabric?? One other question I just thought of, would it be a good idea to label each picture of who is who??

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 04-01-2016 at 10:45 AM. Reason: should have used links to pics posted by others