View Single Post
Old 04-01-2016, 12:56 PM
Davena

I was always taught , Anything worth having is worth waiting for , and your quilt is a perfect example of the saying. It is beautiful and I bet it has been time consuming. Happy your GD loves it. How could she not? I have two quilts on the go for my Gds. They will be a very large queen size quilt when done. I am hand quilting both. They are the same quilt , only different backings and tried to switch the colours up when I did the blocks, I have told myself they will get them on their sixteenth birthdays. I started them two years ago. but with on going health issues and the great menopause which is being a problem in itself has put these two projects on hold at times. I try to work on them both at the same time so they are at the same place as I know if I did one than tried to make a second one I would have lost interest. Oh the tricks we do to our selves ...lol. I am at the border stage right now. I also am doing the quilt as you go technique , but am doing it my own way. My Gds will be seven and nine this year so still have lots of time.....I think... I hope I get to see your quilt when you have it all finished and your happy GD receiving it. I love hand quilting quilts , but only do it for special ones. Other than that I quilt with my credit card. Again I love your quilt and appreciate all the work put into it. Lucky GD..