View Single Post
Old 04-02-2016, 11:31 PM
Annaquilts
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Rhonda View Post
You just have to remember Anna that I do most things in miniature but that doesn't mean you have to. I'm most comfortable with 1 1/4" or 1 1/2" than I am with 4" or more LOL

You can make these shortcut blocks 12 1/2" if you so choose. it's all about the size of template you use.

When I first posted my methods on the QB in 2009 a friend of mine took one of my quilt blocks and made it into a 24" wall hanging she hung in her hallway. It is very flexible size wise. you are not locked into any particular size unless you are making a key chain or book mark etc.
Thanks Rhonda. That is encouraging. I just started taking a class Farm Girl vintage Sampler and the blocks are 6 inches. To start with that did not scare me as I had done 6 inch blocks before. WRONG! Or at least the 6 inch blocks I made before had nothing smaller then 2 1/2 inches and were simple. The 6 inch blocks in this Farm Girl Vintage are as small as 3/4 inch. I do like how the scale looks, 6 inch, and am intrigued with your cut down technique. It makes a lot of sense. So my "small" blocks will be 6 inch for now unless it is a very simple block or a component of a block.