View Single Post
Old 04-03-2016, 09:13 AM
Rhonda
Power Poster

Thanks Leann I was surprised it popped up again and everyone wanted to revive it. I do love scrappy which is why I started this Scrappy Club to begin with.

I don't do curves but I love drunkard path designs. I use my own shortcut method to do the blocks no curved sewing. I actually used Eleanor Burns method and added my own method to it. I make a yoyo flatten it and spray starch it to take out the cardboard and then sew the circle onto a backing square. cut it in half and then quarters and trim the underside of the yoyo. Cut out a square from the center and you have 4 blocks ready to use.

I love playing with DP blocks. there are so many really neat designs that come out of them.
I don't intend to make this thread all about me and my designs but I do want to share a few of my favorite designs I've done on my EQ

These are not scrappy but you could make any of them scrappy. You could use all diff greens where you see green etc. or just go with all scrappy. You would need to keep the same color value in your fabric choices tho to get the design to show. Light where there is light / med and contrasting to get the designs. Sorry I got lazy and didn't downsize some of the pics.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]546846[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]546847[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]546848[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]546850[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]546851[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]546852[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]546853[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]546854[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]546855[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails libby.jpg   adrianna.jpg   luella.jpg   ivy.jpg   sarabeth.bmp  

polly.bmp   stella.bmp   sylvia.jpg   violet.bmp