Old 04-04-2016, 07:25 AM
dray965

Default Having a thread emergency. Advise needed.

Need suggestions. I have a quilt that i've used the same color all over and am now quilting (not piecing. Quilting) the Piano Key design onto the borders.

I've got 3 1/4 more borders to go and it looks like I'm going to run out of the color. I'm using the Essential Pro color called Corn Silk by Connecting Threads. Yikes!!! They no longer carry this color. I've talked to customer service and they tell me that the closest they have is a color called Tea-dyed (which she stated had a name change to gold).

I ordered that but when I got back on line it looks waaaaayyyyy darker than the corn silk.

My first question is: Any suggestions about what to do if it isn't the same?

My other question is: If the color doesn't match, do any of you have Corn Silk by Connecting Threads that I can buy from you???

Had no Idea this would happen when I started. I'm a fairly newbie to the actually freemotion part of this and had no idea when I started that a cone of thread wouldn't be enough for this queen quilt. However, I must admit it's a heavily quilted queen.

I haven't quilted enough to be able to quess my thread needs yet. Any tips on how to do that so this won't happen to me again?

P.S. Fortunately it's a quilt for myself, so all isn't loss. It would be a catastrophe if I was being paid for quilting this.

Thanks in advance for any advise on all my questions.