Old 01-25-2010, 06:37 AM
wvdek

Since I just came back from my cousins memorial service, I would like to give my '2-cents' worth.

Last summer, G. started feeling sickly. This is a man who ate correctly, exercised, and walked the equivalant(sp) miles around the equator and stated he was going to start his second jorney around. That's in the vicinity of 23,000 plus miles. He kept accurate records, that's how we know.
His DW's exercise group was in the process of making them a queen-sized quilt. He got reallly sick in the fall, hospitalized in November, had 75 B-day in hosp., and never saw the absolutely beautiful quilt the group made for them.

If your father died next week, do you think that you would regret not making him a quilt and kick yourself or...
what if you die next week and he received a quilt from you, don't you think he would cherish it?

Ask me how I know. The afghan I started to make my father is still sitting in the sunroom. He died before I finished it. I hope to finish it this summer and give it to my oldest brother even though we are not close. .

Do what you know in your heart is the right thing to do and you will be able to live with the decision much easier. Some things you can't put a price on nor hold that grudge for. (off my soapbox)