Old 04-04-2016, 12:14 PM
sewbizgirl
Power Poster

Originally Posted by onaemtnest View Post
Sewbizgirl ~ Oh how I wish I had been to your craft show! Your booth looks absolutely splendid! I love your little crocheted Bee and elephant which I'm guessing are the lovey's?

Do the craft shows 'generally' in your experience allow baby strollers? Some venues get so crowded, with narrow aisles, I'm seeing where they no longer allow strollers, especially when I'm fortunate to be visiting our kids in the Denver area and some of the best craft shows are available to attend. Some strollers these days are tantamount to small SUV's! :0)
Yes, those were loveys.... I know what you mean about strollers! They are horrible in a crowded show setting. So are groups of friends who run into each other and stand in your space having a long conversation... to the detriment of sales! I need to find a tactful way to shoo them along. Last weekend's show was low key and so not-crowded that strollers were not a problem, but I know the big shows don't want them. Motorized wheelchairs are really tough too. You don't want to tell handicapped people they can't come through. But in an outdoor show I was doing, a heavy lady in a big motorized chair got so bogged down that it took several men to get her chair unstuck and get her out of there. It had to be mortifying for her, but what was she thinking taking her chair out there? It was like taking it on the beach! People are so funny.