View Single Post
Old 04-05-2016, 12:42 AM
Rhonda
Power Poster

Thanks Jupiter. It is one simple block. One yoyo sewed onto one square. cut into 4 and trim. then it is all about where you put the color. and how you turn the blocks. It isn't hard at all. The only slightly tricky part is sewing on the yoyos. I top stitch around the edge of the yoyo and I sew slowly so I can keep it close to the edge.

It really is fun and easy to do. Drunkard's Path don't have to be hard to make. I tried it the traditional way because my MIL gave me some she had started and due to her eyesight she couldnt do it anymore. I tried but it is not for me! But I can do the flat yoyos on a background. I liked Eleanor's method but I don't buy interfacing and that is what she used to make a circle and turn it rt side out. So I used the yoyo instead. I also didn't cut the background square to size. I prefer to cut down to size after sewing. It makes for more accurate blocks. I find when I cut to size first then when you sew on the yoyo it can make the square shrink as you go. then my blocks wouldn't be accurate anymore. It's just the way I think I guess.