Old 04-06-2016, 02:54 PM
QuiltingNinaSue

Sewbizgirl, we (original group) started with the Farmer's Wife Sampler Quilt by Laura Aaron Hird. Second book of her's was the Farmer's Wife Pony Club, thus the name of this one. Although most of us have never met the rest of us, we have remained QB 'buddies' under the PC title because we have not all finished our PC quilts yet. I have my top all finished waiting to take it to a LA who did the FWSQ for me. When Laura Aaron Hird came out with her third book, Honchey started another thread for the FW 1930. We are doing the sixties numbered blocks in that now and it ends with 99 blocks... in time to begin Laura Aaron Hird's forth coming fourth book.... Others are welcome to join in and begin the first, second or third book with us...several newbies have joined us in discussions here. Hope this helps to explain our thread here. Some 'Look and Read' what we say and never join into the discussion...which is fine, too. It is totally up to the individual on what they do or do not do on site. We do pass on tips, products, or recipes that we have found along the way. You are welcome to join in on our discussions...and hope you enjoy what you have read.

So far, QB has been very kind to us and we all appreciate that, and try to follow their rules to the letter.

My DH and myself, celebrated our 50th wedding anniversary last week, this group lead by Honchey, was very kind to us by mailing us cards plus a Red Lobster card where we love to eat once or twice a year. Honchey, I mailed out small packets to each of you today to say 'Thank you', so everyone needs to watch for them that contributed; you know who you are. Not priority mail, but please let me know by PM or email if you do not receive it.

JanRN, I have seen the Soft Expressions preprinted 'cloth' foundation for the Lone Star, Queen size, and love it. Quilter 65 showed us what she had started in our Stack 'Whack class she taught, so we ask for this one, too. It is very simple to do and it keeps the diamonds all lined up correctly. It is offered as a Queen or King size right now and is reasonably priced...four quarters or six quarters.

Last edited by QuiltingNinaSue; 04-06-2016 at 02:57 PM.