Old 01-25-2010, 08:20 AM
Esqmommy

Here are my blocks for Week 5. The official week begins February 8th, so I'm posting these for those who are working ahead.

I must be honest...I hate the way I3 turned out...those circles just look plain weird.

RS6 is a challenge - I urge everyone to go to the Cutebuns tutorial on y-seams, and Lacelady's tutorial on inset seams. They are extremely helpful. My RS6 came out...good enough...but still far from perfect!! I hope we all are able to share tips of how we were able to achieve what we did. I will say for me the key was taking my time, not being impatient, and just going at it ever so slowly. I had the tutes up on the computer and just went back and forth with them.

For E2, I chose to use freezer paper applique. I pretty much followed the technique from "thatquilts" blog.

And same with D2. I did 'needleturn' applique and it worked like a charm! There are so many little curves and points. I just put the freezer paper on the right side of the print fabric, and turned under as I went along. They say "needle" turn, but I found I mostly used my fingernails!

And for those of you who haven't seen it yet, we have started a "virtual section" for all these cyber sew items. So you can go there and find the tutes I just referenced.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-66321.jpe