Old 03-29-2008, 06:35 PM
treasurelady

Looking at my stash recently I wondered if I was drunk when I bought some of it. I found several half finished things, an ugly burgundy fabric made into an applique cat block approximately 20 x 20, denim pieces cut out of jeans which I will in the future make into a couple of quilts for kids, ugly chicken fabric I once thought was cute. I'll put that on the back of something to practice my quilting. At least half of what we do today we probably wouldn't consider doing 10 years from now. Bought a new Fons and Porter quilting mag today and saw what is popular at this moment in quilting. Drab muted colors, dull brown combined with beautiful turquoise, pale, pale colors that look like the dyes washed out. Not my cup of tea. I much prefer your purples. Finish it if you can. If you can't stomach it, put it away along with the thread and the rest of the blocks you cut so every thing is together and sometime in the future you may get it out and decide it's exactly the thing you want to do. How about appliqueing (sp) flowers in coordinating colors with green vines on top of the squares. That could be awesome! I've repurposed many pieces of fabric. Just a few meandering thoughts.
Linda