Old 04-08-2016, 08:21 AM
piecelover

I have a Janome 6500 bought in 2004 & have never had any issues with it. I love it & would purchase again. I also have a Brother Quattro that I bought in 2009. Other than standard maintenance, I've only had it in for repair once - wouldn't recognize snowman (which is my most favorite feature), and auto threader wouldn't thread any needle. And wouldn't you know these issues manifested themselves a few weeks before Christmas! I did an awful lot of gifts without the benefit of the above two things. Took it in right after Christmas & had it back before New Years. Love both machines. I would definitely buy a Janome or Brother machine again. I also have a Bernina Bernette that's only a few years old that I take to classes & to SIL's when we get together. For the $150 I spent on it, it's also been a good little machine. Never had to have it serviced. Even tho I like this machine, I probably wouldn't buy another Bernina just because I saw how much trouble my SIL had with her Bernina 830 & how often in was in the shop. She has since traded it in for the newest TOL Babylock. Sorry, I know my 2 favorite machines are WAY older than 5 years, but just wanted to stick my 2 cents worth in about brands.

Last edited by piecelover; 04-08-2016 at 08:23 AM.