View Single Post
Old 04-09-2016, 01:16 AM
Jia

Default Ki Iam JIA and new to this board.

I have a Honeymoon treadle sewing machine. I was purchased by my late Great Grandmother used.
My Grandmother, born 1907 and her sister, born 1910, grew up sewing on it. My mother, (born 1924) also learn to sew on it., The summer of 1966, I was 15, If I was not sewing on the machine making clothes for myself, I was at the local swimming pool.

In the spring of 1988, my husband was in the area in Virginia, and spent a few days with with my grandmother and she sent the sew machine to me It made the long trip from the Blue Ridge Mountains of Va. to Corpus Christi, Texas. Needless to say I was surprised, I had not expected it until after her death.

It is in excellent condition, I have all the attachments, and pieces of the original instruction book.
I understand these machines were produced in the late 1800's to about 1910. The only serial number or production number is on the plate with needle sizes (it takes the long needles). The number is 2928540, my 43 year old daughter doesn't want it. Any ideas there to look for buyers?

Thanks for listening to me.
Regards,
JIA