View Single Post
Old 04-11-2016, 09:23 AM
Freaky_Quilts_Dragon

Originally Posted by tessagin View Post
It's gorgeous and I love the cabinet. Hard to get much better than free to start.
My boyfriend is very fond of the cabinet, too. You both have good taste! It's very sturdy and made out of a heavy plywood that would suvive nuclear war (clearly, this was meant double as a bomb shelter. 'Duck and cover' might have actually worked under this!) and he and I kinda like the '50s mod style handles. I see bit of an art deco influence in them. So despite it's obvious lack of treadling it's probably a keeper. But where are we going to put it?!? We already have too much furnature. Maybe it'll replace my computer desk?

If we keep it for long I'll probably refinish it, some sections of the wood verner are broken off and missing in back and several places could do with a sanding. I'd like change the color too, perhaps an inky black brown like some of our other furnature, or maybe cherry. And of course I'd keep the Pfaff seal! If the handles are brass plating over zink or steel, I'll probably polish them down to the zinc and go with black. Black and silver look so good together! Also the drawers don't fit well with each other and I need to see if rearanging them helps.

Last edited by Freaky_Quilts_Dragon; 04-11-2016 at 09:26 AM.