Old 04-11-2016, 12:35 PM
Prism99
Power Poster

Default Moving. Do you regret getting rid of stuff? Or regret keeping stuff?

Regarding clothing, I've already donated all of the stuff I know I will never wear. Looking at the rest, I think I am ready to give away at least 2/3rds of what is left. These include nice clothing that I simply don't wear because we never go out to places where I would wear them (concerts, parties) and clothing I have outgrown (for the last 10, 20, 30 or so pounds). I would keep maybe two complete dress-up outfits. I have many single pieces -- skirts, tops, pants, scarves -- that really don't go together. My daughter talked me into some of the dressier clothes she likes to wear, but I never feel comfortable in them.

Anyway, I think I'm okay with giving away a lot more clothing.

It's the quilting that I wonder about. I've already packed up a trunkful of boxes full of sewing items, magazines and fabrics to give away (planning to give to a Project Linus group locally). But I still have a couple of bookcases full of books and magazines, more fabrics than I can probably ever sew in my remaining lifetime, etc. I am wondering if I will regret digging deeper into this stuff, even though some of it I haven't looked at in 5 years.

I know that no one can really make the decisions for me, but I am wondering what some of you who have been there - done that can advise, looking back.