View Single Post
Old 04-11-2016, 06:04 PM
miriam
Power Poster

I made the 'fabric' by putting pieces of plastic in a plastic bag. Then I ironed the whole works between parchment paper. The first one I tried had the iron way too hot. The plastic bag on the first one was too light weight and the whole thing shriveled up and went wonky. The second try looked better - I made it bigger and had to cut it down. I free motioned on it but the first machine was leaving large loops and lots of holes. I'm thinking I needed to use a larger needle. Maybe the smaller needle allowed the plastic to close up around the hole before it made a stitch. I used a 1980s Kenmore 12 stitch to sew. I am thinking about making a bag like that by putting a bag inside a bag, parchment in the center bag and then load in the design pieces, then iron of course parchment on the outside as well as inside. Maybe it will be a bag when the parchment comes out of the center bag. The time consuming part is making the design. And getting it to stay put before the ironing. It seems to need a few layers to work right.