Old 04-12-2016, 05:21 AM
quiltin-nannie

I have been trying to clean up my stash as I plan on selling my 1600+ sq ft house and moving into a smaller home. I'll be leaving a 16 x 24 sewing room to a probably 8 x 10 extra bedroom. I'll try to sell fabric at a garage sale and what doesn't sell, donate. I have been sorting out all the JoAnn fabrics from LQS fabrics. When you have a piece of each in your hand, you can sure tell the difference. Of course, my JoAnn fabrics are all about 15-20 years old. It's a chore to go through this house and try to get rid of 44 years worth of accumulation. When my husband passed last September, my son took out 44 fishing poles, plus tons of fishing equipment. We have filled two dumpsters in the last year, just from the garage and basement. My husband, left to his own devices, could have been on "Hoarders" if we didn't get rid of stuff. He saved everything. Thank goodness, he never missed half the stuff my son would pitch when he came to visit. Once, the fabric is straightened out, then I have to go on to all the other sewing stuff. I know I'll give one of my three machines to the middle school. They just started a sewing club and I'm sure they can use it. It's an older Pfaff, but runs beautifully. No one in my family has any interest in sewing, they like the completed product! Then there are all the knick knacks and pictures and china, etc. Isn't it funny how when we are younger we accumulate all this stuff to "decorate" then when we reach a certain age, we want to get rid of it. Just something else to dust!

Cathyvv, I'm with you, get rid of it all and start over!