View Single Post
Old 04-12-2016, 04:56 PM
VickiM

Originally Posted by Just Jan View Post
VickiM Both quilts are nice but the first one is really eye-catching. I don't know if its due to the blocks in the border or what, but the geese appear to be swarming over the quilt. (I didn't notice it the first time I looked because I was focused on the colors.) I love all the movement.
I knew what leaders and enders are but could not figure out l/e. Hesitated to ask, but it was buggin' me. LOL Thanks for explaining.
Those blocks at the top & bottom were just leftovers from the 4 patches we made in the middles...I just used the rest of the strips to make 2 patches & added the white from the centers for the rest of the borders...I'm not crazy about square quilts. Just using up some of the scraps. I do that alot with quilts...also makes them just a bit longer. I thought they looked like they were flying around, too. I think it is due to just using the 2 solid colors instead of the 4 different colors. Anyway, I'm really pleased with it. Showed it at quilt guild for show 'n tell yesterday & everyone loved it. Thanks again Judy!