View Single Post
Old 04-13-2016, 06:24 AM
LynnG

I also was between a bernina and a pfaff a while back. I made my own comparison list of the features I wanted AND deal breakers. I went with a pfaff QE 3.0, at the time, because of the IDT system; I never looked back. I couldn't stand constantly putting on and taking off the walking foot to switch between my projects so pfaff was the machine for me.

Being a quilter amongst other sewing ventures, I will not settle for a machine that costs a fortune WITHOUT the features I want. I would have paid for the bernina... but not for a machine that does NOT have the features I want AND what they wanted me to pay..for a machine that didn't do what I wanted! (lol!!!)

No matter if its a pfaff, janome, bernina, singer, babylock or any other "name", its not going to be enjoyable to sew on a machine that doesn't do what you want it to do. I'm under the pfaff banner right now because my machine does exactly what I want it to do. If I ever need a new machine, if it does what I want it to do, that's the machine (name or no name) for me.

I've been spoiled by Pfaff because of the IDT system and and other outstanding features that I wanted, all in one machine. It all really boils down to the features YOU want. Look for YOUR must haves, deal breakers AND close to deal breakers and you will have a machine you love.

About the bobbins, its super quick and easy to drop and snap the bobbin in seconds in BUT, the draw back is, in order to change bobbins, you have to remove the project to get to the bobbin area. It is not issue for me but it may bother others.

If you are not sure about some of the features the different brands have just ask.. between all of us on this board, I'm guessing we have just about every machine ever made. Have fun choosing a new machine and please show us your new baby when you get it.