Thread: Sewing Room
View Single Post
Old 04-13-2016, 09:49 PM
lalaland

Originally Posted by rainsprite View Post
Wonderful! Would you explain your different stations, what machine and where and why? There is so much to see in your room that I have been turning my head every which way to figure out what I am looking at. Why do you have sewing machines in three or four places and what is the machine with a digital screen. I am fascinated ..... I love your crazy cabinet! I hope you like Yakima. It is the fruit basket of Washington state so if you are into canning you will have amazing dishes all year long. Opposite side of the state here 40 miles from Pacific in Lower SW.
I do have a lot of machines, tis true. Let's see.....the machine with the red cover is my old Pfaff. It is used for darning and general mending and any straight line quilting. The machine opposite it is the one my students use. I teach sewing in my room and if they don't have a machine, that's the one they can use, it's a Janome. The machine facing the TV is my primary sewing machine, it's a Kenmore Elite. The 2 covered machines next to the TV are sergers. One is a singer and I use it for clothing construction. The other is a Juki and I use it to seal the seams on projects I do using terrycloth or any other fabric that sheds or unravels easily. The machine under the polka dot cover is a 6 needle embroidery machine. the machine with the digital screen is a Babylock Tiara free motion quilting machine. Under that table are 2 Bernina single needle embroidery only machines (when I do embroidery, I usually have all 3 machines going at once), I also have a machine in a rolling carrier, that's the machine I take to classes, it's a Janome 760. I also have a Brother mechanical machine my DH bought me our first Christmas together. If I have a student that is more comfortable with a mechanical machine, they use the Brother or the Pfaff - all the other machines are computerized. I love my crazy cabinet too.

Yakima is growing on me. My DH was raised here, I am a Southern CA beach bunny born and raised. We've been here 2-1/2 years, I canned my very first vegetables (pickled beets) our first year here and love the farms and farmer's markets I can visit for fresh fruit and produce. The best thing about living here is my DH's family. There are tons of them here and I enjoy them all!