View Single Post
Old 04-15-2016, 09:20 AM
Daffy Daphne

Originally Posted by loisf View Post
Wow! I am so impressed with your quilt, especially the quilting. It's lovely. I have pieced an Asian quilt that I love, but I haven't had the courage to start quilting it yet. A meander didn't seem right, nor did straight-line quilting. Your choice of the Baptist Fan pattern is spot-on, and now I know that I will use that pattern too, but the thought of it is so daunting. I have a Tiara sit-down, which is identical to the Sweet 16, I'm told. I've read up on the half-circle ruler set, but some users say it's really hard to use with a sit-down machine. I've read that there is a better ruler set than the HandiQuilter set, but no one seems to know the brand name. I guess I'll keep looking for a while. Thanks for posting your beautiful project. You have inspired me.
loisf I read somewhere, maybe on an HQ forum, that it was difficult to quilt Baptist Fan with the half circle templates because there just isn't enough ruler to hold onto. I used the HQ complete circle templates with my Tiara to quilt Singing River Stars, posted on 4/3/16, and could understand what that person, and CanoePam, meant. With the complete circles, there is a lot of area to apply skateboard grip or whatever underneath, and plenty of template to hold onto and walk your fingers. The complete circle set is pricey but I was lucky enough to find it at a discount and have used it a lot. It's great for quilting Orange Peels, undulating lines, etc.

CanoePam, your red quilt is lovely!

Daffy