View Single Post
Old 04-15-2016, 01:34 PM
Kwiltr

I believe Craftsy now offers the ability to download courses or portions thereof so that you can view a class offline. I haven't needed to, so have not tested it myself. I also notice just the other day, that in the AQS catalogue I just received, that you can purchase DVD's of their iQuilt classes at $19.96 per class, if you're a member, $24.95 if you're not. I have purchase probably 20 Craftsy classes and I think 5 iQuilt classes, all on sale and with a membership discount. I have also never paid full price for Craftsy's classes either. I live in a rural area where the cost of gas to travel to a class would be more than the cost of a class on either of these platforms and I don't have to 'catch' all of the offered info in one short opportunity, as you have lifetime access. They both offer instructor support which I have used many times in the past few years and it has worked very well. Craftsy's platform is a bit more sophisticated IMHO, but the iQuilt classes I have experienced have been done well and have felt they were worth the money. While I agree there is a wealth of free information on YouTube etc out there, if you are looking for something specifically by way of in depth instruction, it's has been worth it to me to purchase the classes and get a high quality video, that I have the opportunity to get assistance from the instructor if need be.