View Single Post
Old 04-16-2016, 03:15 AM
Butterfli19

Originally Posted by Mary O View Post
Must have been a senior moment.
Mary, no it wasn't. I had a couple of bins of fabric that I had accumulated and different sizes of mats and felt that by having all that I was obligated to make quilts and I started to not enjoy it at all. By giving all but one mat away (12x24) and I did keep my cutters, that pressure of *having* to quilt was released and this feeling of *wanting* to make a quilt is back. Maybe. lol

Originally Posted by Bree123 View Post
It's very thin & doesn't squeeze the fabric like scissors do.
I didn't think of this, thank you!

Originally Posted by Snooze2978 View Post
I even picked up the picking blade for when I work on apparel patterns. I like the pinking edge on my clothes though I eventually serge the seams down the road.
I've wondered how that would work on apparel - sometimes my pinking shears are just to big to get into the smaller seams of the clothes I sometimes sew for my grandson or for dolls.

Update: I did stop at JoAnn's to purchase the 24x36 mat, but they smelled so bad! I had forgotten that. By the time I had finished walking around the store, smelling the mat along the way, I decided to stick with my 12x24 that I kept and go from there. And, if I decide that I really don't want to continue making quilts, I won't have something else I rarely use, which was another reason why I purged in the first place.

Thank you all though, I'm glad I asked!