View Single Post
Old 01-25-2010, 02:36 PM
Lockeb

I just wanted to drop in to say hi.....since I have been selling some fabrics since last week..something new for me - and just wanted to add my 2 cents worth.
No, I don't have a store....I simply have a lot of stuff and thought this would be a good way to offer some of that stuff to other people - many have taken advance of that - and packages have left from here to there and everywhere over the last week - this week...
I have been a part of quilt forums for quite some time - the Garden Forum, TOR, and now this one - I love the forums....and for me - being able to sell here is great...just amongst ourselves..a lot of us know each other - others we get to know though our message, etc.
I have also bought many things in the quilt forums...I have also received gifts though the forums - I also send out squishies when I see a good chance to make someone's day....
I just wanted to speak up becaues it seems to me that mainly the people upset are the ones who would never buy - but the people who are interested in finding something fun and exciting for that next project without having to leave the comfort of their home are very happy to pick up bits of this and that from the various people selling in the selling/buy/swap forum....
I hope that I haven't upset anyone...that surely wasn't my intention....
No one's ever contacted me negatively about this anyways..but I still see this threads getting various comments and I just wanted to join in....
.....I a bit lost as to why all the hype actually - because in the end - if you want to buy or sell or swap you go to that forum - if you don't - why be bothered.....to me it's a simple thing.....
Hugs to everyone!!!!!