Old 04-18-2016, 09:46 AM
jobows

Cool You guys are enablers! Shame, shame on you!

I stumbled across your board a few years ago & loved how you cared about the vintage machines-- For the life of me, I couldn't figure out why! I started doing some research and figured it out!

Since then-- I decided to search for a Singer 501~ I bought one that wasn't locked up but needed some love and I made it work! I fell in love with fixing! Life got in the way..... I lost your board..... and then my daughter wanted to learn how to sew.... she loves my Pfaff 2042 (I love Pfelicity too!) but my daughter has a flair and loves vintage.... so I found her a 501 in a cabinet for Christmas last year......

Yesterday..... I found a Pfaff 130 (I LOVE me some Pfaffs!) and HAD to get her-- although she is a bit rough-- I would love to shine her up and give her original glory back! He wanted $100 for her and I talked him down to $60..... I know-- I prob shouldn't have, but she needed me! And, I need her right now! (We are going to work on each other-- that was the deal!) She moves-- but since I don't have a pedal, I don't know if the motor works.... but I didn't care! I would like to rewire her and take her apart to paint her and shine her up. Her belt looks in ok condition and I need the "red" belt-- but hoping to get a black one. But... my ignorance on fixing her is at a high! LOL I see a lot of googling in my future!

I was doing a search for fixing her up (no name yet-- I have to get a feel for her!-- but any "F" name suggestions would be Pfabulous!) and I FOUND YOU GUYS AGAIN! Life is hectic and ugly-- so forgive me for not being a frequent enough visitor for not even remembering your name! Grief does some ugly things to people.

I am happy to be *back! I was a lurker....
Attached Thumbnails pfaff-resize.jpg   pfaff-bottom-resize.jpg   pfaff-manuals-resize.jpg