View Single Post
Old 04-19-2016, 03:42 AM
Kris P

Most of my UFO's are finished tops that I need to quilt or finish quilting. It takes me a while to decide what to quilt. In some cases, my quilting plan is so ambitious, I'm afraid to start.
Here's the list off the top of my head.
1. Queen Radiant Star. About half quilted. Borders are marked for cabled feathers. Must be completed by August.
2. Full/queen English Paper Pieced star quilt. Basted, can't remember what I wanted to quilt on it.
3. Baby quilt- Oh, Baby! from Anka's Treasures. Need a baby boy name to appliqué on it.
4. Quilt top for SIL. Just pieced the top in March at retreat, so I'm in no hurry.
5. Queen sized 'Fresh' quilt by Camile Roskelley from her book Simply Retro. Used Marmalade fabrics. My quilting plan is very ambitions and probably will require me to learn to use rulers on my DSM.
6. 5 Table runners. All Anka's Treasure designs. Three of them even have backs.
7. Panel Sailor Dog Baby Quilt. I'd like to have a baby boy name to embroider on the hat before quilting it.

So, yes, I have UFO's. I also have 4 quilt tops in progress. WIP's
1. My leaders and enders project Goose Creek from Quilters Cache. The blocks are complete and have been trimmed to the correct size. Just need to lay it out and sew it together.
2. My Sew Club project is Lattice Squares, the blocks are about half done. I like that it's a compact project that I can grab quickly to pack for my once a month quilt days at church.
3. Lori Holt Bloom Quilt along. I'm a week behind, but have the pieces stitched and turned with the interfacing, so assembling the flower on the blocks doesn't take much time.
4. Gypsy Wife Quilt along- Doing this quilt along with a Facebook group from the quilt camp I attend. I'm keeping up, and soon will start assembling. I'm amazed at how long it takes to make each block. Choosing colors and figuring out each block as opposed to making dozens of a single block. It's been eye opening.