View Single Post
Old 04-19-2016, 11:51 AM
Wanabee Quiltin

Default Batik quilt for DIL

I love Kim Brackett's quilt books, have made several of her quilts and they have always turned out perfect. So when DIL's 50th birthday was coming up, I asked her if she wanted to pick out the fabric and the quilt pattern. I took over all of Kim's books and a few others but she picked this particular pattern. Because I have a dear dog sitting by me, I can't get up and see what pattern it is but trust me, it's in her book. I was a little dismayed by the pattern as DIL wanted bright batiks in the quilt and Kim's pattern had kind of mellow fabrics. But I cut the blocks and DH helped me with the color placement, it took quite a while to place them. I did add a second border. I haven't been longarm quilting much due to my #@% machine but I bought a panto and it turned out OK. I used a peachy batik on the back and the feathers turned out pretty good, I love the turquoise binding. She will receive the quilt next week and I think she will like it. I guess AARP sent her some kind of letter welcoming her to being 50 and she sent me a Snapfish photo saying "I think I'm going to puke !" Maybe the quilt will help her with becoming 50?
Attached Thumbnails karla-50th-quilt-2916-001.jpg   karla-50th-quilt-2916-003.jpg   karla-50th-quilt-2916-004.jpg