Thread: April POM Swap
View Single Post
Old 04-19-2016, 03:51 PM
JuneBillie
Power Poster

My mother used to wear the half aprons when doing dishes or light cooking when I was growing up. I noticed she used the half apron to wipe her hands off when wet. (like a dish towel) She always had lots of the half aprons then. Those were during the days when she had her clothes pin bag, and would hang her clothes outside on the line, and they always smelled so fresh.

My daughter in law always cooks with her full bib apron, and loves fancy ones she makes and buys. By fancy I mean all the added ruffles around them, cute prints, and wide well made sashes long enough to make into pretty tied bows in the back.

My husband does most of the cooking, and I think it was about 2 years ago now that I made him a full bib type apron more like the bar b que style for him. I didn't have a pattern, but it turned out really nice. He loves it. My husband loves getting his hands into flour. (lol) He likes seeing what he can come up with, and loves experimenting with yeast etc. so I made sure his apron had a white back ground and print on that. I wanted to make him a chef hat, but that hasn't happened yet. lol....

Last edited by JuneBillie; 04-19-2016 at 03:55 PM.