View Single Post
Old 04-21-2016, 10:09 AM
VernaL

I'm so glad you are able to think up a pattern. Way beyond my abilities. But, I do have a comment for anyone designing a pattern. Please have someone else try making the pattern before you send it out for use. I just spent 4 days at a quilt retreat with some very savy experienced quilters and teachers. The pattern I was using was the worst I or they had ever seen; in fact almost impossible to use. One piece of the pattern was called by two different names. Some of the very important points were in smaller print and easy to miss. The picture on the pattern had 2 photos of the item. You didn't know if you had a pattern for 2 designs or a front and back to the same design. The process to make the item was far more difficult than it needed to be, but you didn't know that until afterwards. What a nightmare. So have someone who isn't working on it with you, try to make the item so they can tell you where there are mistakes or where instructions/drawings aren't clear. Now, off the soapbox and good luck to you.