Old 04-22-2016, 10:42 AM
Sidneys mom

That was my thoughts when I looked at the Simply 16 on HQ frame in a shop nearby. I have the Coronet brochure but they aren't in any shops near me yet. I agree they look the same. The Babylock brochure shows more included options. The machines and frames are the same price here. This would be a good option for me to get into a long arm that would fit in my sewing room.
I know Babylock is built at the Brother factory. I have an Evolution, a Sophia and an Elissimo Gold II. I also have a Viking Lily and 3 featherweights. I go to classes at a Brother quilt shop and I like the machines I have used there. I had a Singer Touch and Sew that I bought in about 1970 that drove me nuts. I do like my Babylocks best so far. My local Babylock dealer has lots of classes and I do take advantage of them.
I was not crazy about the Sweet 16 machine but maybe not fair to judge after only using it for a few minutes and it would be my 1st venture into a long arm.
Have you seen the Coronet in person? I am curious to see if it is the same as the Sweet 16 after the options are added.