Old 04-22-2016, 01:50 PM
Cari-in-Oly
Banned

Originally Posted by Sidneys mom View Post
That was my thoughts when I looked at the Simply 16 on HQ frame in a shop nearby. I have the Coronet brochure but they aren't in any shops near me yet. I agree they look the same. The Babylock brochure shows more included options. The machines and frames are the same price here. This would be a good option for me to get into a long arm that would fit in my sewing room.
I know Babylock is built at the Brother factory. I have an Evolution, a Sophia and an Elissimo Gold II. I also have a Viking Lily and 3 featherweights. I go to classes at a Brother quilt shop and I like the machines I have used there. I had a Singer Touch and Sew that I bought in about 1970 that drove me nuts. I do like my Babylocks best so far. My local Babylock dealer has lots of classes and I do take advantage of them.
I was not crazy about the Sweet 16 machine but maybe not fair to judge after only using it for a few minutes and it would be my 1st venture into a long arm.
Have you seen the Coronet in person? I am curious to see if it is the same as the Sweet 16 after the options are added.
Most Babylock home sewing machines are built by Brother but the Coronet, Crown Jewel and Tiara are built by Handi Quilter.

Cari