View Single Post
Old 04-23-2016, 10:24 AM
Jane Quilter

Originally Posted by NoraB View Post
I have heard Deb Tucker has a ruler that is supposed to make Hunter's Star easy.....called Rapid Fire Hunters Star...Has anyone used it? How do you like it?
yes, I used the Rapid Fire to make a king size quilt, and it turned out perfect...... That is the good news...... The bad news is the process is cut, sew, press, trim, a million times per block (I exaggerate, but not much). ....... Now I love to "square up" my blocks, because I make a lot of scrap quilts, and I over press and sometimes use starch/water which shrinks and makes things go wonky. But this rapid fire technique has you doing it at multiple times during the block making. Since I never made one trying to "match the points" I don't know if this template is a blessing or a curse. I also felt I was cutting away half the fabric I bought at a premium price, and for king size, I wasn't happy. ....But again, It turned out perfect,,,,and had I done all that work, and spent all that money, and it didn't turn out, I would have been more than unhappy.