Old 04-23-2016, 01:06 PM
RosaSharon

[QUOTE=PaperPrincess;7529378]I love embellishments. I have a Viking and the dealer offered a class a couple years ago called 'playing with your feet'. You were supposed to bring whatever trims and feet you had at home, and they let you use all the feet in the store. What fun! You can get a lot of bang for the buck just using a couching foot, which is available for most machines. You can couch braid, trim, novelty yarns ribbon etc. You actually can just use a zigzag foot, but a couching foot has a groove on the bottom to handle the extra bulk. You can use an unobtrusive thread and let the couched material be the star, or use a decorative thread & stitch and enhance it. Most machines also have a pintuck foot available. Another foot I LOVE is my cording foot. Not sure if this would be available for your machine. Here's a pic of the one I have. http://www.thecolorfulworldofsewing....na-Viking.html. It has holes in it, you thread multiple thin cords thru the holes and use a decorative stitch to hold them down. The only foot I didn't like is the beading foot. never could get the beads to thread correctly. Just attach them by hand.

Wow, now you have me thinking! I am a new quilter (not just a piecer as I have learned on this board) and I have only ever used ONE foot out of all that comes with my new Pfaff sewing machine. I guess I'll get the book out and study it again. Thanks for good information.