Old 04-23-2016, 07:07 PM
givio

I've just come back from Kentucky. I might have gone to Paducah and seen sewbizgirl (I hope you show us what you got! Or show some pictures you took there), but I don't have a lot of fun walking and standing a lot. My knees give me trouble. Quilt Week is the sort of thing I might like to do with my sister, who is patient with me-- but I'd gone to KY with my husband and he's a fast walker so I don't think Quilt Week would be the thing to do with him. We went to Lexington and saw some horse races. He brought his lap top because he had some work to do. I brought my sewing machine so I'd have something to do in the motel besides watch tv in the evenings while he did his work.

I got a kit on sale online at Craftsy of Kaffe Fassett fabrics that's called Hedge Maze. The pattern was really big triangles, mostly HSTs, and it was quick to cut out and quick to sew. I have only the border to put on it now. I thought instead of ending with the 2" border all around from the kit that I'd use the leftover scraps also for another border. I will like to have the top bigger too. So I cut the scraps into strips and will make it the piano key style of border. In the center I substituted a blue floral for the one from the kit as I liked it better. I think that print is by a different Rowan designer.

Funny joke, QNS! Nice to be home again and read everyone's notes here. :-) I hope to get back to the FWS blocks tomorrow.
Attached Thumbnails kentucky-prize2.jpg