View Single Post
Old 01-25-2010, 07:45 PM
aliaslaceygreen

Originally Posted by vjengels
I agree with everyone else... poor kitty won't connect the punishment; Cats love to be up high, do you have a cat tree, ledge, something she can climb up on? even a old blanket stapled to a 2x4 leaned on something she can climb on might fix it pretty easliy. use something'tacky' to cover your table, that'l stop that, they hate 'sticky'
This. Cats LOVE high things. Whatever strikes them as highest in any room seems to win. (back of couch over couch any day, unless you are sitting there and there is a lap???)

Is there a window there? Maybe she wants to look out of it?

Also, she may just give it up on her own. I have one cat who rotates locations every two-three weeks. And no matter how much I try, for that time, that's her spot.

One of the others sits on the table to look out the window. He knows he shouldn't be there because he sees me come and he jumps down. But the birds at the window are more persuasive than my reprimands. During the day, I just open the window blind and let him watch. A spray bottle of clorox hard surface cleaner and a sponge, and all is good....